TU Austria Summer School Doc+ Program
TU Austria Summer School Doc+ offers a great opportunity to develop project management skills over five days Additionally, you will increase your team skills and benefit from exchanging information and experiences with fellow students from the TU Austria universities.
Target group: PreDoc students from the three Austrian universities of technology (TU Wien, TU Graz, Montanuniversität Leoben )
The Program consists of two parts as described below The working language is English.
Through team exercises in an indoor and outdoor setting the participants of this session will get to know each other better and create an improved base for collaboration These activities will at the same time naturally demonstrate the arising challenges in an interpersonal and intercultural context Guided reflection will facilitate personal and group awareness for these aspects
Participants will also be introduced to a personality description model based on Riemann This model serves as a reference framework in order to improve awareness for aspects of working in a team or managing programs The program is designed so that people can enjoy and learn from their self exploration, experiences and discoveries throughout the day.
What we will do:
- Enhance participants’ self reflection and effect on collaboration
- Get to know each other better
- Understand personality types and dynamics of a system
- Establish good collaboration base during TU Austria Summer School
Course leader: Lukas Brunbauer Rodríguez, www.lbr.company, coach, therapist, trainer and management consultant
Date: 29 August 2022, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Location: Indoors and outdoors at Steiermarkhof, Ekkehard Hauer Straße 33, 8052 Graz (reachable with bus 31, 62 and 65 to station “Peter Roseggerstraße ” or bus 33 and 66 to station "Steiermarkhof")
Detailed information about the location will be shared in advance.
Management of (Research) Projects
"Management of (Research) Projects” offers the opportunity to develop a project manage ment toolkit and to expand your individual skills in this area of project management The focus is on the application of project management methods in research projects, while the overall practical relevance for project management serves as the guiding principle Please note that you will not be dealing with the formulation or submission of research proposals.
The contents in detail are
- Project definition, project management, dimensions of project management
- Project initiation, project boundaries and project context
- Project management methods: objects of consideration, project objectives, work breakdown structure, project schedules, project resources & costs
- Project stakeholder analysis
- Project roles in (research) projects, project communication, project culture
- Designing a project management process: starting -- controlling (process and methods, project status reports) -- leadership in projects (teamwork, diversity, coordination) -- conclusion of projects
- Social competences for (research) projects
What we will do:
- Acquire know-how to manage (research) projects
- Develop skills to design the project management process
- Apply project management methods to your real (research) projects
- Exchange individual experiences and networking
Course leader: Mag. Lorenz Gareis; principal consultant at Beratergruppe Neuwaldegg; extensive experience as a consultant, trainer and project manager at national and international level, co-author of the book PROJECT.PROGRAM.CHANGE
Dates: 30 August to 2 September 2022, 9 a.m. 5 p.m. (on the last day only until 4 p.m.)
Location: TU Graz, Inffeldgasse 13, room “HS i8” (ground floor), 8010 Graz
- In the context of “Management of (Resaearch) Projects”, participants will take part in a guided tour in the Laboratory for Innovation (Institute of Innovation and Industrial Management, Inffeldgasse 11 Graz) and also a Fireside Talk with TU Graz Vice Rector Horst Bischof on the subject "How much management do research projects need?” on the afternoon of 31 August (until 6 p.m.)
- On Thursday, 1 September 2022 there will be a dinner together at around 5 p.m. to which you are kindly invited
Applicants must submit a motivation letter, answering the following questions:
- Why would you like to participate in the TU Austria Summer School Doc+ focused Why would you like to participate in the TU Austria Summer School Doc+ focused on project management?on project management?
- How do you see the importance of project management for your future work?How do you see the importance of project management for your future work?
- What experience have you had so far with project management? Have you already completed projects independently or are you at the beginning? Can you describe your own role in the project?
The motivation letter (1-2 pages) should be submitted in English and must be received no later than 5 June 2022 Please send the document to the contact person at your university.
- Please note that the number of participants is limited.
Dates & Location:
29 August - 2 September 2022, Graz
The following three hotels are recommended if you need overnight accommodation Please book the room yourself, costs will be covered by your university Tip When booking, state that you are participant of TU Austria Summer School to receive a more affordable rate.
The respective university will assume the costs for TU Austria Summer School Doc+ as well as accommodation, arrival and departure (public transport only) For details please speak to the contact person at your university